Pitching

Presenting your ideas/concepts can be a little nerve racking but if you are passionate about your idea then it would be very easy to convey to a client or to a group of peers. When I was presenting with Suze about our three pitch ideas I was a bit nervous but it turned out great and got good feedback from everyone.
We had three different ideas, either one I would be excited to work on but alas only one had to be picked but before I say what was chosen let me explain our ideas.
Our first one dealt with the anticipation of a match, where the viewer will experience the mindset of a player before going out to play an important match. A heartbeat will be used to cut to different shots of b-roll and at the end show the player about to leave to the court.

Second idea is going on a motivational perspective. We'll have the voiceover of someone saying a very inspirational quote that would make a player want to get up and go play right away, and have different athletes lip synching with that quote, while cutting to different shots of b-roll.

Third idea is more competitive driven but with a bit of fun because that is what tennis is. We'll have athletes come in the studio and get some action shots and then have baby powder thrown in the background to give that intense feel, then in post-production we'll have the powder in different colors to symbolize the different emotions within the sport.

All three pretty fun but what was chosen was idea #2. I'm excited to see what we come up with and see what the client says about it.


Comments

Popular Posts